The 2018 orientation dates for incoming first-year and transfer students are:
Deadline to register
- Session 1 – June 11/12 June 4
- Session 2 – June 14/15 June 7
- Session 3 – June 18/19 June 11
- Session 4 – June 28/29 June 21
- Session 5 – July 2/3 June 25
- Session 6 – July 5/6 June 28
- Session 7 – July 9/10 July 2
- Session 8 – August 20/21** August 13
Transfer Orientation Dates
- Session S – January 11 January 4
- Session T – June 1 May 8
- Session U – July 13 July 6
- Session V – August 23 August 16
Transfer Transition Day (for all summer transfers)***
- August 24
Please keep in mind that all students attending New Student Orientation must plan to stay at JCU for the duration of the orientation session and they will not be permitted to leave campus. All students should plan to stay overnight in a residence hall with the other incoming students as a part of the New Student Orientation program. Parents and guests are also invited to stay on campus in a residence hall. Overnight accommodations are included in the New Student Orientation fee.
**Please note: For session 8, no on-campus housing is provided for students who will be commuting or for parents and guests for this final session. students who will be living on campus for the fall semester will move into their permanent room assignments and sleep in those spaces. Residential students will pick up their keys to move into their assigned residence hall rooms on either Sunday, August 19 from 9:00a – noon or Monday, August 20 from 9:00 – 10:00a.
*** All transfer students who attend one of the three Transfer Orientation days will be automatically invited to the Transfer Transition Day on August 24.