The 2019 orientation dates for incoming first-year and transfer students are:
Deadline to register
(if spaces remain)
- Session 1 – June 10/11 CLOSED
- Session 2 – June 13/14 CLOSED
- Session 3 – June 17/18 CLOSED
- Session 4 – June 27/28 CLOSED
- Session 5 – July 1/2 CLOSED
- Session 6 – July 8/9 CLOSED
- Session 7 – August 26/27** August 19
Transfer Orientation Dates
- Session S – January 11 CLOSED
- Session T – June 7 CLOSED
- Session U – July 16 July 9
- Session V – August 29 August 22
Transfer Transition Day (for all summer transfers)***
- August 30
Please keep in mind that all students attending New Student Orientation must plan to stay at JCU for the duration of the orientation session and they will not be permitted to leave campus. All students should plan to stay overnight in a residence hall with the other incoming students as a part of the New Student Orientation program. Parents and guests are also invited to stay on campus in a residence hall. Overnight accommodations are included in the New Student Orientation fee.
**Please note: For session 7, no on-campus housing is provided for students who will be commuting or for parents and guests for this final session. students who will be living on campus for the fall semester will move into their permanent room assignments and sleep in those spaces.
*** All transfer students who attend one of the three Transfer Orientation days will be automatically invited to the Transfer Transition Day on August 30.