The M.A. in Nonprofit Administration prepares graduates for success in many areas, including:
- Leadership roles in their current or new organizations
- The transition from for-profit to nonprofit
- Serving in public office
The list of companies that John Carroll nonprofit graduates have gone on to work for can be accessed here.
Each year, students have the opportunity to work closely with a local nonprofit organization. The program sends out a Request For Proposal (RFP) to over 300 area nonprofits, asking how students can help. After the proposals are evaluated, students work together in teams to complete a project. Completed projects include:
The Nonprofit Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes a graduating student in the Nonprofit Administration Program who exemplifies academic excellence, leadership, and service to the community.
Criteria: To be eligible for the award, students must have completed 24 or more credit hours in the program. S/he must also have achieved at least a 3.4 GPA.
Application Process for 2018: Students can choose to self-nominate or be nominated for the award by a member of JCU faculty, administration, or the Nonprofit Administration Program student body. . To nominate a student, the nominator should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nomination for [Name of Student]”. In the body of the email, provide the contact information for the nominee along with a brief statement on why s/he should be selected for the award.
Application Materials: Students must submit the following materials in order to be considered for the award:
- A brief online application
- An unofficial graduate transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- 2-3 letters of recommendation that provide relevant information on the student’s academic achievements, leadership, and service experience
- A 500 word essay that shows how the student’s academic studies in the program has helped to shape her/him into a “nonprofit leader of tomorrow”
- A current resume detailing professional and volunteer experience
Selection Process: The selection committee will meet in the spring and the recipient will be notified in April. The decision will be announced through the program’s various media outlets.
Award: The recipient will receive a certificate and gift from the Nonprofit Administration program.
If you have any questions regarding the award, please contact us at email@example.com.