The Certificate in Nonprofit Administration is intended for students who have completed an MBA or equivalent graduate degree and have at least three years of management or nonprofit work experience.
The certificate program is designed to be flexible and adaptable to each student’s specific needs and interests. A customized program plan of 15-18 credits will be devised by the student and the program director.
Requirements for acceptance into the Post-Master’s Nonprofit Administration Certificate program include:
- Completed application for Graduate Studies.
- Completion of MBA or the equivalent.
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- A 3.0 undergraduate GPA with a 3.2 in the major (for unconditional acceptance).
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is preferably from a professional in a nonprofit organization.
- Written statement that addresses the applicant’s interest in the program and career goals.
- Professional resume.
Candidates for the Certificate (CNM) are required to take:
NP 510 Internship in Nonprofit Administration
NP 520 Advocacy for Nonprofit Organizations
NP 530 Professional Communications for Nonprofit Administrators
NP 540 Grant Writing and Fund Raising for Nonprofit
NP 550 Policy Analysis for Nonprofits
NP 555 Cultural Diversity Training
NP 570 Organizational Assessment, Evaluation and Design
AC 572 Accounting for Nonprofit Organizations
EC 501 Economics for Nonprofit Managers
MK 521 Principles of Marketing
MN 550 Leadership & Managerial Skills
MN 588 Strategic Human Resource Management
MN 591 Ethics and Business Environmental Issues: Section on Nonprofits