The Nonprofit Leader of Tomorrow Award recognizes a graduating student in the Nonprofit Administration Program who exemplifies academic excellence, leadership, and service to the community.
Criteria: To be eligible for the award, students must have completed 24 or more credit hours in the program. S/he must also have achieved at least a 3.4 GPA.
Application Process for 2016: Students can choose to self-nominate or be nominated for the award by a member of JCU faculty, administration, or the Nonprofit Administration Program student body. All nominations are due by March 4th, 2016. To nominate a student, the nominator should send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “Nomination for [Name of Student]”. In the body of the email, provide the contact information for the nominee along with a brief statement on why s/he should be selected for the award. Once all nominations have been received, the nominees will be invited to submit the application materials by March 21st, 2016.
Application Materials: Students must submit the following materials in order to be considered for the award:
- A brief online application
- An unofficial graduate transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.4
- 2-3 letters of recommendation that provide relevant information on the student’s academic achievements, leadership, and service experience
- A 500 word essay that shows how the student’s academic studies in the program has helped to shape her/him into a “nonprofit leader of tomorrow”
- A current resume detailing professional and volunteer experience
The Selection Process: The selection committee is comprised of the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies, 2 members of the Community Advisory Committee, 2 members of the NPA program faculty, and an alumnus. The committee will meet in the spring. The recipient will be notified in April. The decision will be announced through the program’s various media outlets (biannual newsletter, classes, website, etc.).
Award: The recipient will receive a certificate and gift from the Nonprofit Administration Program.
If you have any questions regarding the award, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.397.4311.