The John Carroll University Board of Directors today announced the appointment of William P. Donnelly ’83 as chair and the election of seven new members who will begin their first three-year terms on June 1.
Michael Merriman ’78 is completing his term as chair, but will remain on the Board of Directors.
Joining the Board of Directors are:
- Rev. Karl Kiser, S.J., pastor of the Church of Gesu in University Heights, OH, and former president of the University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy
- Nancy Cunningham Benacci ’77, managing director and co-director of equity research, KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Timothy Cavanagh ’84, founding partner, Cavanagh Law Group
- John Dempsey ’84, principal, Vanderbilt Office Properties, LLC & CA Senior Living, LLC
- Barbara Duganier ’79, former global chief financial officer of Andersen Worldwide, and board member for three public companies and one private company
- Michael Keresman ’79, founder, chairman, president and CEO, CardinalCommerce
- Christine O’Brien Kramer ’86, a CPA, board member at Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens and the First Tee of Cleveland, and together with her husband, Richard Kramer ’86, namesakes of the Kramer School of Accountancy and Information Sciences in the John M. and Mary Jo Boler College of Business at John Carroll University.
Completing their service on the Board of Directors are:
- Rev. Gerald F. Cavanagh, S.J., Charles Fisher Chair of Business Ethics and Professor of Management at the University of Detroit Mercy
- Evelyn Jenkins Gunn ’72G, Carnegie Scholar and Fellow, National Academy for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning
- Annette Haile ’74, retired vice president, IBM
- Dr. Robert Hostoffer, D.O. ’81, physician, Allergy and Immunology Associates
- Michele Kisthardt ’85, owner and founder, Hudson Integrated Marketing
- Richard Kramer ’86, chairman, chief executive officer, and president of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
- David O’Brien ’72, retired executive vice president, Highmark, Inc.
- Dave Short ’81, retired chairman and co-CEO, The American Funds Group
William “Bill” Donnelly and his wife, Sue ‘84, recently named the Donnelly School of Leadership and Social Innovation at John Carroll University. He is a former executive vice president of METTLER TOLEDO, a global leader in the Life Science tools industry.
“I am most grateful to Mike Merriman for his excellent leadership as chair the past four years, which included a presidential transition, the appointment of a new president, Michael D. Johnson, our first lay leader, and the recruitment of seven individuals to join the board,” said Donnelly. “I am thankful for the service and dedication of our outgoing board members and pleased to welcome our distinguished incoming group. It is an honor to accept the appointment as next chair at John Carroll, a place that has meant so much to my family.”