The following are a list of approved mission leave opportunities in which John Carroll staff are able to participate, providing they have the approval of their supervisor (see below) in accordance with the John Carroll University Mission Leave Policy. Please check your e-mail and Inside JCU as events approach for information on registration.
- May 5, 2017 – We the People Youth for Justice Summit – Volunteer as a judge, facilitator or event helper for the Summit where 8th graders from Cleveland and East Cleveland schools present their solutions to identified injustices in their school or community.
- May 17, 2017 – We the People Mock Congressional Hearing – Volunteer as a judge, facilitator or event helper for the culminating activity for 4th graders from Cleveland and East Cleveland schools who have participated in the year-long We the People Service-Learning Program.
- June 28, 2017 – World Union of Jesuit Alumni (WUJA) – WUJA needs volunteers Wednesday June 28-Friday, June 30. Please see David Vitatoe (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
- June 14, 2017 – Fatima Fun Day – Engage with the day campers from Fatima Family Center for a field day type activity on JCU’s campus.
- August 24, 2017 – Cleveland Neighborhood Project (8:30 am to 3:30 pm – 7 hrs.). Part of “Living the Mission” day for Streak Week 2017.
Approval of Mission Leave Usage from the Mission Leave Policy: “Employees must request approval for Mission Leave in writing to their supervisor with specific information on the activity/event and their role/participation in it, and the amount of time requested. The needs of the department as well as the opportunity for the employee will be considered in the approval process. Factors such as office coverage, minimum staffing levels, vacations, sick leave, unplanned absences, special projects, and peak workloads will be considered. Final decisions will be made by the Vice President of the respective division.”