As a Jesuit Catholic university, John Carroll University inspires individuals to excel in learning, leadership, and service in the region and in the world.
Ignatian Heritage Week is a series of events designed to celebrate our heritage and our tradition of serving others. This year’s theme is environmental sustainability. Please return to the website later in the fall semester for an updated list of scheduled activities.
January 25 – January 31, 2015
Sunday January 25
- 9:00 p.m. – “Celebrating Students, Living the Mission” Mass at Gesu Church - Presider TBD. Dessert reception following the Mass @ 10:15 p.m. in Schott Dining Hall compliments of JCU Dining.
Monday, January 26 – Friday, January 30
- Student organizations will be recognized in the Atrium for 2013 accomplishments. An “I ❤ Jesuits” montage will be playing in the atrium throughout the week showcasing John Carroll Community members telling what ‘Living the Jesuit Mission’ means to them.
Tuesday, January 27
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch included with “Music, Prayer and Word in the Ignatian Tradition”: Program begins at 12:15 p.m. RSVP to Diane McTier at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1594. Dolan Science Center, O’Connell Reading Room
- 4:00 p.m. “Celebration of Service Award Ceremony”: Curtis W. Miles Faculty Community Service Award, The Staff and Administration Service Award and the George B. Sweeney Campion Award (Student Service Awards): Dolan Science Center Atrium
Wednesday, January 29
- 12:00 p.m.
- 7:00 p.m. “Spotlight on Jesuit Basketball” – Men’s Varsity Basketball Game vs. Mount Union University, DeCarlo Varsity Gym. Half time: honoring fall 2013 student athletes and coaches.
Thursday, January 29
- 12:00 p.m Ignatian Heritage Week Luncheon with Keynote speaker, Nancy Tuchman, Ph.D.,Professor of Biology at Loyola University Chicago: “Environmental Sustainability and Jesuit Education” – LSC Conference Room – Lunch is included: RSVP to Diane McTier at email@example.com or ext. 4218.7:30 pm – Rev. Thomas Lucas, SJ –Nancy Tuchman, Ph.D.,Professor of Biology at Loyola University Chicago: “Environmental Sustainability and Jesuit Education” in LSC Conference Room – sponsored by The Institute of Catholic Studies
Friday, January 31
- 12:05 p.m. Closing Liturgy, St. Francis Chapel. Presider , Rev. Jayme Stayer, SJ, Assistant Professor, English Department.