As a Jesuit Catholic university, John Carroll will forever be committed to learning, leadership, and service.
Ignatian Heritage Week is a series of events designed to celebrate our heritage and our tradition of serving others.
January 26 – January 31, 2014 (Tentative Schedule)
Sunday January 26
- 9:00 p.m. The Opening Mass at Gesu Church: “Celebrate the Student” – Presider Rev. Jayme Stayer, S.J., Assistant Professor, English Department. Dessert reception following the Mass @ 10:15 p.m. in Schott Dining Hall compliments of JCU Dining.
Monday, January 27
Tuesday, January 28
- 11:45 a.m. Lunch included with “Music, Prayer and Word in the Ignatian Tradition”: RSVP to Mary Beth Brooks at email@example.com or ext. 4558.
- 12:15 p.m. “Music, Prayer and Word in the Ignatian Tradition”: Dolan Science Center, O’Connell Reading Room
- 4:00 p.m. “Celebration of Service Award Ceremony”: Curtis W. Miles Faculty Community Service Award, The Staff and Administration Service Award and the George B. Sweeney Campion Award (Student Service Awards): Dolan Science Center Atrium
Wednesday, January 29
- 12:00 p.m. Ignatian Heritage Week Keynote Speaker, Rev. Thomas Lucas, S.J.,Professor of Art, Seattle University, “The Society of Jesus Restored. The Reestablishment of the Jesuits in 1814” – LSC Conference Room – Lunch is included: RSVP to Mary Beth Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 4558.
- 7:00 p.m. Jesuit Appreciation Event – Men’s Varsity Basketball Game vs. Mount Union University, DeCarlo Varsity Gym.
Thursday, January 30
- 12:00 p.m. – Fr. Martin Connell, S.J. – Assistant Professor of Education & Allied Studies, Rector of the Jesuit Community, “Why Ignatius Loved Peter Favre and Why You Should Too: the Next Jesuit Saint”: O’Dea Room – Brown Bag – refreshments will be available.
Friday, January 31
- 12:05 p.m. Closing Liturgy, St. Francis Chapel. Presider TBA