Ignatian Heritage Week is a series of events designed to celebrate our heritage of being women and men for and with others. Ignatian Heritage Week 2019 will take place from Sunday, January 27th through Saturday, February 2nd. This year’s theme: “Ignatian Leadership for Social Transformation”
Below is the schedule for Ignatian Heritage Week 2019
- Ignatian Heritage Week Schedule:
- Sunday, January 27th
- 9:00 pm: Mass (Church of the Gesu) – Celebrating students living and leading the mission, followed by desserts and hot chocolate in Church of the Gesu vestibule. Presider: Rev. Raymond Guiao, S.J., President of St. Ignatius High School Cleveland
- Monday, January 28th
- 9:00 am: Space: Focus on Cleveland (D.J. Lombardo Student Center, O’Dea Room) – Faculty, staff, and students are invited to take time to learn about the need for social change at the local level by reflecting upon the lives and stories of our neighbors in Cleveland. Open all week.
- 3:00 – 4:30 pm: Learning and Leadership in Our Ignatian Heritage (Dolan Science Center, A 202-203) Faculty and Staff are invited to attend this interactive workshop to learn more about leadership in our Ignatian Heritage.
- 6:00 – 9:00 pm: Dining and Discussion – Leadership in Cleveland (D.J. Lombardo Student Center, LSC Conference Room) Students are invited to dine together and discuss the pressing social needs of Cleveland and how they can respond. Hosted by Dr. Kyle O’Dell, Sr. Director of Student Engagement. Please register no later than January 24th. Register Here
- Tuesday, January 29th
- 11:45 – 1:15 pm: “Reflections in the Ignatian Tradition in Music, Poetry, and Word” (Dolan Center for Science and Technology, O’Connell Reading Room) – Lunch included. Registration required by January 24th. Limited seating. Register Here
- 4:00 – 5:30 pm: Celebration of Service Award Ceremony (Dolan Center for Science and Technology, Muldoon Atrium) – Presentation of the Curtis W. Miles Faculty Community Service Award, the Staff Service Award, and the George B. Sweeney Campion Award (Student Service Awards). Registration required by by January 24th. Register Here
- Wednesday, January 30th
- Noon – 2:00 pm: Alpha Sigma Nu Leadership Project (D.J. Lombardo Student Center – Atrium)
- 2:00 – 3:30 pm: Community Forum (Dolan Center for Science and Technology, Donahue Auditorium) – All are invited to this interactive forum on mission initiatives.
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm: Ignatian Heritage Exhibit Scavenger Hunt (D.J. Lombardo Student Center, Murphy Room) All are invited to participate in an interactive “scavenger hunt” focused on our campus-wide heritage display. Sponsored by Staff Council Registration required. Register Here WALK THE TALK: Ignatian Heritage Week Scavenger Hunt
- 9:30 pm: Murphy Mass and Pizza (Christi Ignaut Chapel of St. Peter Faber, S.J. – Murphy Hall) Presider: Rev. Tom Pipp, S.J.
- Thursday, January 31st
- Due to the University’s delayed opening, the Noon Luncheon and Lecture and 3:30 P.M. Panel and Workshop with Leila Atassi will be rescheduled. We will announce the new date later in the semester. The 6:00 P.M. Dinner and Presentation for Students will still take place.
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm Dinner and Presentation for Students: “Communal Reflections on Leading for Social Change” (D.J. Lombardo Student Center, LSC Conference Room) Rev. Tom Pipp, S.J., Director of Ignatian Formation
- Friday, February 1st
- 12:05 Mass: St. Francis Chapel – Presider: Rev. Jayme Stayer, S.J.
- Sunday, January 27th
Ignatian Heritage Week events are funded by the Dean Brackley, S.J. endowment fund established by the JCU Jesuit Community.