All JCU faculty are cordially invited to an open house sponsored by the McGregor –funded curriculum development program, “Engaging the World: Educating for Contemporary Global Citizenship.”
- Date: Monday, September 10
- Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Place: Rodman A, in Rodman Hall
- Food and beverages on hand
The goal of the open house is twofold: first, to give 2011-12 McGregor faculty learning community (FLC) participants a chance to talk about the FLC experience and about the courses they adapted or developed in relation to the theme, “Globalization.”
The second goal of the open house is to solicit faculty interest in – and ask for your input regarding – the 2012-13 McGregor FLC.
The 2012-13 theme is Technology and Globalization, and the FLC’s purpose is to facilitate participants’ revision or development of courses incorporating themes and topics related to technology and globalization.
No matter what your interest in technology – big data and data mining, digital humanities, spatial analysis, new media, mapping, visualization technologies, or something else – we are interested in what you have to say, and hope that you will be interested participating in this year’s FLC.
- The 2012-13 Technology and Globalization FLC will meet seven times or so, between October to the end of the academic year, on Mondays tba.
- The meetings will start at 5 p.m. at last until about 7. A casual supper will be available at each meeting.
- Stipend for 2012-13 FLC participation is $1,000, payable upon completion of a revised or new course syllabus.
Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 4th to Ellen Valentine, secretary of the Office of Interdisciplinary Programs at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you at the McGregor open house in Rodman A, on the main floor of the Rodman Building, on Monday,September 10th, between 5 and 7 p.m.