What is the value of the Leadership Scholarship?
- The award is a $5,000 annual scholarship at John Carroll University, renewable for four years.
Can I “stack” my Leadership Scholarship with other scholarships I received?
- Students who are awarded a Leadership Scholarship are able to combine the financial award with other University Scholarships.
What are the criteria to be considered for the Leadership Scholars Program?
- Admission to John Carroll University.
- Minimum 2.8 high school GPA.
- Interest in and a commitment to further developing your leadership skills, as demonstrated in your responses to the application essay questions.
How competitive is the selection process of the scholarship?
- The process is very competitive. In recent past years, over 200 students have applied for the 20 spots in the program each year.
If I receive the Leadership Scholarship, what do I have to do in order to maintain my scholarship?
- Meet the program requirements and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
If I’m in the Leadership Scholars Program, can I be involved in other things on campus as well?
- Of course! Involvement on campus and leadership often go hand-in-hand. The directors of the Leadership Scholars Program will help you to figure out a good way to balance your schedule and assert your leadership in a positive way.
I have another question that isn’t listed here.
- If your question relates to eligibility or the application/selection process, please contact Christina Anderson, associate director of enrollment, at email@example.com.
- If your question relates to the program’s mission, requirements, or coursework, please contact the directors of the Leadership Scholars Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.