ARE YOU A LEADER?“Leadership is a process by which a person influences others to accomplish an objective and directs the organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent.”
John Carroll University is nestled in Northeast Ohio and both the University and its location are an invaluable resource to students looking to develop their leadership ability.
John Carroll University offers numerous activities on campus geared toward developing the leadership skills of its students. These activities can range from:
- Academic majors and minors
- Individual classes
- Service learning projects
- Immersion trips
- Interacting with nationally recognized speakers
- Participating in one of 95+ student organizations
- And much more.
Cleveland and Northeast Ohio offer students a substantial number of experiential opportunities off campus for developing leadership skills. Because this area is home to:
- Fortune 500 Companies
- World-renowned hospitals and medical research institutions
- Non-profit organizations
- Sports and entertainment organizations
Students with almost any interest can find a place close by where leadership in their interest area is actually happening.
- John Carroll, its faculty, and its staff work tirelessly to make these developmental opportunities available and help each student find those opportunities best matching their goals and aspirations.
While there is plenty of learning that occurs in the classroom, there is also plenty of learning to do beyond the classroom, as well. John Carroll offers a number of opportunities for you to engage in leadership skill-building through a speaker series, extracurricular programs, and more.