Major in Spanish: 36 credit hours (200-level and above), as follows:
- Spanish 201-202 and/or 301-302 as determined by placement test. Students who start with SP 201-202 must also take SP 301-302
- Choice of Spanish 311 or 314 or 330
- Spanish 315, required for all literature courses numbered 325 and above (may be taken concurrently)
- Spanish 321
- Spanish 325-326 or 327-328
- Three to five additional upper-division courses:
Two must be 400-level literature and/or culture courses; one of the remaining courses may be an IC literature and/or culture course in translation.
- A comprehensive examination.
Minor in Spanish: 21 hours, beginning at any level. Spanish 301/302 required.
Other Programs of Study
Spanish & Elementary or Secondary Teaching Licensure
- Latin American Studies
- Modern European Studies
- Spanish & International Economics
- Spanish & International Business