The University Core Curriculum and Foreign Language:
- Two semesters of a foreign language are a required part of the humanities and liberal arts core curriculum at John Carroll University. Why not choose Italian? (For further information on the core, please see the Undergraduate Bulletin.)
Other incentives to study Italian:
- Italian is the language of Dante, Boccaccio, Petrarca, Cellini, Taaso, Verdi, Fellini, Eco, and Moravia!
- Italian Product design is synonymous with artistry, elegance, and functionality, and continues to dominate the fashion, furniture, and luxury car industries with sophistication and style.
- The Italian economy is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe, so that learning Italian is not only beneficial for culture and travel, but also for commerce.
Italian and Your Career
HUMANITIES: Italian is important for art, history, diplomacy, humanities, law, philosophy, political science, and religious studies majors.
ARE YOU A BUSINESS MAJOR?
- Italian is an excellent choice for those considering a career in marketing or advertising
- Many Italian businesses are eager to engage in import/export with the U.S.
NOT SURE OF YOUR MAJOR?
Examples of interdisciplinary studies for students of Italian:
- International Business
- International Economics & Modern Language – ITALIAN
- International Studies, a Program jointly sponsored by the Departments of Classical and Modern Languages and Cultures, — and Economics, History, Political Science, Art History and Humanities,Communications, English, Philosophy, Religious Studies, and Sociology
- World Literature
- Humanities Program