JCU is a top academic university that is in a quiet suburban area, yet convenient to a large city. The University is close to city transit lines, so it is easy for students to get to shopping and downtown Cleveland. Our park-like, 60-acre campus is lush with grassy quadrangles, tall trees, and colorful plantings in a quiet neighborhood for students to enjoy while they focus on their studies. The campus is easy to navigate and offers state-of-the-art facilities, including the Dolan Center for Science and Technology, a newly renovated TV studio and media lab, and fitness centers for organized sports and recreation. We offer 52 distinct fields of study (majors) and a wide array of other academic concentrations that enrich our students and add depth and flexibility to their studies.
- Technology: JCU offers state-of-the-art technology access to students and a completely wireless campus.
- Research: Our campus library is partnered with all university libraries in the state of Ohio. Students have access through this network to 48 million books, millions of electronic articles, 12,000 electronic journals, e-books, and over 140 electronic research databases.
- Living arrangements: Residence halls (dormitories) on campus house over 90% of first- and second-year students. Ample private apartments, many are owned by the University, are within walking distance to campus, area grocery stores, and shops.
- Fitness and recreation: We offer Hampton free-weights, Cybex circuit machines, Stairmasters, life cycles, treadmills, and ellipticals in our campus facilities. Racquetball courts and the RecPlex Intramural Gymnasium are also quite popular in students’ daily routines.
- Getting around: Free campus bus shuttle service brings students to nearby shopping malls, cinemas, grocery stores, and restaurants seven days a week.
- Dining: The Fresh Food Company at our campus Dining Hall features cutting-edge exhibition cooking, authentic ethnic dishes, American favorites, and a great variety of healthy/vegetarian options prepared right before your eyes, ensuring that your dining program in no way resembles a cafeteria.