For 125 years, John Carroll University has focused on graduating students of intellect and character in the Jesuit tradition of educational excellence. Located in the beautiful, safe, Cleveland suburb of University Heights, our 60-acre campus is easy to navigate. Admission is selective and focused on maintaining our excellent success rates for students graduating in four years.
John Carroll University, founded in 1886, is a top academic university that is in both a convenient city and a quiet suburban area. The campus is right on city transit lines so it’s easy to visit the modern downtown of a major U.S. city, yet our campus is filled with lawns, trees, and quiet and safe places that allow our students to focus on their studies.
- What Makes Us Special? provides an overview of our educational program and what we believe distinguishes John Carroll from other universities.
- Our Education Tradition will introduce you to our 125-year history of educating students – a history that is based on the 450-year-old tradition and philosophies of the Jesuit order. The section will also describe our understanding of how an education grounded in the liberal arts distinctively prepares you for a career but also for life.
- A Safe, Beautiful Campus provides an overview of our campus setting in University Heights, Ohio. Also be sure to check out our Flickr Photo Tour of campus to give you a feel for our campus.
Visit our Frequent Questions to see answers to our most common questions about campus from international students.
Other recommended links on the JCU site:
- StudyUSA article on the value of a liberal arts education written by the Assistant Director of International Recruitment at JCU
- Online Campus Tour of JCU
- John Carroll Course Bulletin
- Campus Services for students
- Learn even more about our University Mission