- The University enrolls nearly 3,000 undergraduates and 700 graduate students across our degree programs.
- JCU class sizes are small, rarely exceeding 35 students, and focused on discussion rather than a lecture format.
- Students are enrolled from 29 U.S. states and 35 countries.
- Nearly 100 recognized student organizations on campus. The most popular organizations: Intramural and Club sports, Student Union (student government), WJCU Radio, The Carroll News newspaper, fraternities and sororities, and student volunteer work.
- 189 full-time Faculty: 96% possess the highest degree possible in their field. All faculty teach undergraduate students. The University uses very few graduate assistants to teach classes.
- Our caring faculty serve as Academic Advisors to students and offer personal support and monitor student progress throughout their time at JCU.
- All international students are guaranteed a faculty member with a Ph.D. to serve as their advisor throughout their course of studies.
- Technology: JCU offers state-of-the-art technology access to students and a completely wireless campus.
- Research: Our campus library is partnered with all university libraries in the state of Ohio. Students have access through this network to 48 million books; millions of electronic articles; 12,000 electronic journals and e-books and over 140 electronic research databases.
- Living arrangements: Residence Halls (dormitories) on campus house over 90% of first- and second-year students. Ample private apartments, many owned by the University, are within walking distance to campus, area grocery stores, and shops.
- Fitness and recreation: We offer Hampton free-weights, Cybex circuit machines, Stairmasters, life cycles, treadmills, and ellipticals in our campus facilities. Racquetball courts and the RecPlex Intramural Gymnasium are also quite popular in students’ daily routines.
- Getting around: Campus bus shuttle service brings students to nearby shopping malls, cinemas, grocery stores, and restaurants seven days a week.
- Dining: The Fresh Food Company at our campus Dining Hall features cutting-edge exhibition cooking, authentic ethnic dishes, American favorites, and a great variety of healthy/vegetarian options prepared right before your eyes, ensuring that your dining program in no way resembles a cafeteria.