“I affirm John Carroll University’s commitment to policies which will improve our campus climate and create a more welcoming environment for all members of the John Carroll community. I encourage members of the university community concerned about their educational or work environment to speak with any of the designated individuals and request that we all cooperate in any informal or formal process initiated under these policies. Let us together build a safe and supportive community of justice and inclusion.”
– Robert L. Niehoff, S.J., President Emeritus, John Carroll University
CAMPUS STATEMENTS AND POLICIES
- Community Standards
- Statement on JCU Diversity
- Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
- Hate Free Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Combined Sexual Harassment and Interpersonal Violence Policy
- Syllabus Statement on Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Bias
- Title IX
- Title IX Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Campus Save Act
- Drug-Free Schools and Community Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act Notification
- Student Consumer Information
- Mandatory Reporting for Incidents of Sexual Harassment and Interpersonal Violence
- 2017-18 Mid-Year Bias Reports
- 2016 Annual Clery Report
- June 2015- December 2015 Mid-Year Bias Report
- 2014-15 Bias Reports
- 2015 Annual Security Report
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTERS FROM THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- September 2017: Q&A on campus sexual misconduct.
- September 22, 2017: Letter rescinding the April 4, 2011 and April 29, 2014 guidance.
- December 31, 2015: Letter to educational leaders regarding discrimination and harassment based on race, religion, or national origin.
- October 20, 2015: Letter to college and university presidents discussing available resources that educators and institutions of higher education personnel can use to serve and support undocumented students, including those who have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- December 16, 2010: Letter to governors and Chief State School Officers regarding technical assistance on addressing bullying.
- January 28, 1999: Guidance to Colleges and Universities Regarding Sexual Harassment