“I affirm John Carroll University’s commitment to policies which will improve our campus climate and create a more welcoming environment for all members of the John Carroll community. I encourage members of the university community concerned about their educational or work environment to speak with any of the designated individuals and request that we all cooperate in any informal or formal process initiated under these policies. Let us together build a safe and supportive community of justice and inclusion.”
– Robert L. Niehoff, S.J.
CAMPUS STATEMENTS AND POLICIES
- Community Standards
- Statement on JCU Diversity
- Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
- Hate Free Policy
- Interpersonal Violence Policy
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Syllabus Statement on Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Bias
- Title IX
- Campus Save Act
DEAR COLLEAGUE LETTERS FROM THE US DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
- December 31, 2015: Letter to educational leaders regarding discrimination and harassment based on race, religion, or national origin.
- October 20, 2015: Letter to college and university presidents discussing available resources that educators and institutions of higher education personnel can use to serve and support undocumented students, including those who have received Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
- December 16, 2010: Letter to governors and Chief State School Officers regarding technical assistance on addressing bullying.
- January 28, 1999: Guidance to Colleges and Universities Regarding Sexual Harassment