John Carroll University! We NEED YOUR HELP!
The Honduras Immersion team needs your help for our upcoming medical mission trip to Honduras in May. We need vitamins! We are looking for a large number of vitamin donations to support our success this coming spring. Please help!
Vitamins are one of the core focuses of our medical work in Honduras. We give vitamins to everyone who stops by our brigade, regardless of their need for any other medicine. This is something we pride ourselves on. We try to give every individual – man, woman, and child – enough vitamins to supplement their severely restricted diet.
Poverty has its sacrifices and one of the first and most important physiological securities to go is a healthy diet. Families will come to our brigades clearly underfed and undernourished. To support as best we can a healthy life, we have given – in the past – every individual a 3 month supply of vitamins. But with the support of the entire JCU community, our goal for this year is to increase our per person supply of vitamins to 6 months. This is a huge increase, but it is achievable with your help!!
We would like your help collecting vitamins in 5 categories as follows.
- Prenatal vitamins for expecting mothers
- Infant vitamins (and/or infant formula)
- Children’s vitamin – you will likely find vitamins sold as follows: 2-3 y/o, 4-12 y/o, and 13& up) teen vitamins)
- Adult vitamins – either general vitamins or specific to a gender is perfectly acceptable
- Poly Vitamin Drops – this is an infant solution marketed as “Poly Vitamin Drops
One bottle or five, any donation is welcome and greatly appreciated!
Donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Campus Ministry main office (Student Center, up the ramp from the bookstore)
- Center for Service and Social Action (Garden level of AD Building)
- Biology Department main office (Dolan Science Center
Boxes will be clearly marked for The Honduras Vitamin Drive.