John Carroll University uses The Work Number to provide automated employment and income verifications on our employees.
The Work Number is a fast and secure way to provide proof of your employment or income-a necessary step in many of today’s life events involving credit, financing or securing of benefits or services. The Work Number simplifies the verfication process and accelerates credit decisions through an online system available to verfiers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than 200,000 credentialed verifiers rely on The Work Number for rapid access to information critical to their decision process, and over 2900 employers, 257 of which are Higher Education nationwide have entrusted The Work Number to provide this important service on behalf of their employees.
How Does it Work?
1. John Carroll’s payroll department securely transmits employment and income data to The Work Number on a regular cycle, so the information remains current.
2. When you apply for credit or other services where proof of employment or income is required, you provide consent to the credit grantor to verify that information when signing the application.
3. The verifier-who has been carefully screened and credentialed before gaining access to the system-uses the John Carroll employer code: 16131 and your Social Security Number to look up your record on The Work Number database.
4. The verifier must provide a valid reason or permissable purpose for requesting the information, as defined by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
5. With the above conditions met, the verifier can validate your employment or income in seconds, accelerating the decision process and helping you obtain the credit you deserve.
Visit: www.theworknumber.com/employees to:
- Learn more about how The Work Number maintains your data privacy
- Understand how the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) helps protect you
- Obtain your Employee Data Report.
The Work Number Client Service Center is available Monday-Friday; 8am-9pm at 800-367-2884.
Click here to print out a Wallet Card for your reference.