John Carroll University recognizes the importance of helping you plan for your financial future. Your retirement program is an important part of your overall benefits.
Currently John Carroll University participates in the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA) retirement plans. For detailed information about the plans offered, please go to the dedicated John Carroll / TIAA website at www.tiaa.org/jcu.
New IRS Limits for 2019
The limit on elective deferrals – the most an employee can contribute to a 403(b) account out of salary – is $19,000 in 2019 ($18,500 in 2018). Employees who are age 50 or over at the end of the calendar year can also make catch-up contributions of beyond the basic limit on elective deferrals. For a link to the IRS website click HERE.
Quick Guide to Managing Your Retirement Account Online
Get TIAA Assistance
- Automated phone access (available 24/7) – Call 800-842-2252
- Phone support weekdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. (ET) and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. (ET) – Call 800-842-2252
- Schedule a one-on-one advice and guidance session, by phone or in person. – Call 800-732-8353
or click TIAA Campus Visits to schedule online
- Online tools and calculators – Go to TIAA.org/tools for interactive planning tools.
Reserve your spot at the TIAA Live Webinars
Summary Plan Descriptions
- John Carroll University Defined Contribution Retirement Plan
- John Carroll University Tax Deferred Annuity Plan
University’s retirement plan summary annual reports
To comply with requirements established by the Employee Retirement Income and Security Act (ERISA) of 1974, this is notification that the University’s retirement plan summary annual reports for the plan year January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2015 are available for review below.
If you have any questions about this notification, please feel free to contact Ryan Armsworthy, Associate Director, Human Resources at 216-397-1576.