Participants will be provided with information on current legal issues that affect supervisors and the effective management of employees in their area. The session will provide an overview of several relevant laws and issues, including:
- Title VII discrimination and harassment prevention and response, including religious accommodations
- Legal hiring dos and don’ts;
- Hiring of foreign nationals and immigration process requirements;
- Signatory policy and procedures
- Confidentiality of information and attorney-client privileged communications
- Disability accommodation policy and process; and
- Non-retaliation legal obligations.
The goal of the session is to provide a high-level review of key legal concepts and a practical application of these issues for supervisors using scenarios and discussion. Supervisors will have an opportunity to ask questions on these key topics, as well.
Trainers: Colleen Treml, General Counsel
Kenneth Danton, Assistant General Counsel
Date: Thursday, April 12
Time: 9 am – 10:30 am
Location: Jardine Room
Audience: Supervisory employees
CLICK HERE to register