New Students (First-Year and Transfer)

The Honors Program seeks to recruit high-achieving learners to a community where they may cultivate intellectual curiosity, engage actively in their learning, strengthen their communication skills, and serve as academic leaders of the University.  Typically, incoming Honors students have earned an A or A- average in a strong college preparatory curriculum and scores of 650 on subcomponents of the SAT or 29 on subcomponents of the ACT, and have demonstrated strong writing skills and engagement in cultural and service activities.

Incoming students with outstanding qualifications will be invited to apply to the Honors Program after their completed applications have been received by the Admissions Office. Other students may also apply directly to the Honors Program, and should do so through the application linked below. The Admissions Office will supply credentials to the Honors Committee for applicants on an as-needed basis (academic records, test scores, letters of recommendation, writing samples). Applications must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on January 15th, 2015, to receive priority consideration for admission to the Honors Program.  Applications may be submitted after January 15th on a rolling basis until all spaces in the program are filled.

Applications are available here for new first-year and transfer students.

Current Students

Current John Carroll students should apply directly to the Honors Program. Criteria for selection will be based on their academic record at John Carroll, including their GPA (a 3.50 is required at the time of application), a faculty recommendation, and a writing sample.

Applications for current students are available here.