The John Carroll Family of the Year essay contest is intended to celebrate the supportive roles families play in the lives of their students and the JCU community.
Honoring one outstanding family reminds the John Carroll community that families are an essential part of the support network for our students. Their dedication and determination help our students achieve their higher education goals. At JCU, “family” can be defined as individuals or group members who support their student’s success. Now is the chance to honor family members by nominating them for the 2013 JCU Family of the Year Award.
The JCU Family of the Year will receive:
- An engraved plaque presented at halftime of the Family Weekend football game
- Complimentary tickets to Family Weekend events
- A $250 JCU bookstore voucher
- Essay published on the www.jcu.edu/parents website
- All John Carroll undergraduate students are eligible to write an essay to nominate their family members for this award
- The Family of the Year Award isn’t limited to traditional households. Family members can include parents, siblings, grandparents, cousins, extended
relations, and close family friends.
- Essays should be under 1,000 words
- Essays should be submitted electronically by Friday, September 6, Click Here to fill out form.
- The winning family will be notified by Friday, September 13
- Essays will be judged by a university-wide committee based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of family’s support for student’s success in college
- Evidence of family’s support and enthusiasm for John Carroll