John Carroll University offers certificates in four areas. The Nonprofit Management Certificate (CNM) and the Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Theology and Religious Studies require that the student has completed a master’s degree.

The Certificate in Spiritual Wellness and Counseling,  Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in Assessment, Research, and Measurement  and Substance Use Disorders Counseling Certificate are open to students who completed a bachelor’s or a master’s degree.