The 5th year M.A. in Nonprofit Administration is a program that will allow students pursuing an undergraduate degree to complete either a B.A. or B.S. in any major and a Masters of Nonprofit Administration within a five year time frame. The program is designed so that students meet all of the requirements for graduation in both programs. Students can complete an undergraduate major, apply for admission to the M.A. program in their junior year, begin taking graduate courses in their senior year and complete the M.A. in their 5th year.
Students should register their interest in the program with the Director of the Nonprofit Administration program as soon as possible in their freshman, sophomore, or junior years. Students must apply to and be formally admitted to the Nonprofit Administration program. This will normally take place in the spring of their junior year of summer before their senior year.
- A completed application.
- Two letters of recommendation with recommendation cover sheet, one of which is preferably from a professional in a nonprofit organization.
- Personal statement that addresses the applicant’s interest in the program and career goals and experience (including internships and service activity) in the nonprofit sector.
- A professional resume.
- A 3.4 cumulative GPA for unconditional acceptance.
Recommended for admission into the program:
- Internship in Nonprofit (e.g. CE 101, PO 390, SC 475).
- Ongoing volunteer activity/service.
- Service Learning courses.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- During their 5th year, students are eligible for a 25% tuition reduction scholarship.