Orientation, Leadership, Commuter, and Parent Programs
- Hours and Wages – 20 hours per week in exchange for tuition and fees (excluding graduation fee) for up to 9 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters (a total of 18 credit hours) and a stipend paid twice per month (September-May).
- Qualifications – Full-time, matriculated, master’s degree-seeking student. Leading candidates will demonstrate an interest in working with college students. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills are required. The successful candidate must begin work on the Monday before classes begin for both the fall and spring semesters. Twenty hours of work is expected each week, with some evening and weekend hours required.
Position Title: Graduate Assistant
Reports to: Director of Orientation & Leadership Programs
Description: The main responsibilities of the graduate assistant are to assist in the planning, management, and administration of programs and services related to orientation, leadership development, commuter student services, and parent programs. This staff member will work primarily with the Director of Orientation & Leadership Programs to facilitate programming and outreach to commuters students as well as in leadership development initiatives.
Responsibilities:Commuter Student Services
- Plan and implement both social and developmental initiatives for students who commute from home
- Maintain the commuter student services website
- Assist in the research, development, and implementation of leadership development initiatives, including retreats
- Create leadership development resources
- Provide assistance in the planning and implementation of Parent & Family Weekend
- Maintain the parent programs website
- Provide assistance in staff recruitment and selection
- Provide assistance at Streak Week and Transfer Orientation activities
- Serve as the Graduate Intern for summer New Student Orientation (for additional compensation)
- Work on any other initiatives assigned by the Director of Orientation & Leadership Programs