Counseling Center and Health Education and Promotion
THERE ARE NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2015-2016
- Hours and Wages – 20 hours per week in exchange for tuition and fees (excluding graduation fee)for up to 9 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters (a total of 18 credit hours) and a stipend paid twice per month (September-May).
- Qualifications- Full-time, matriculated, degree-seeking graduate student.
- Interest in alcohol education and programming and/or higher education.
- Highly developed written and verbal skills with the ability to relate effectively with a diverse campus community and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a positive manner with students, peers, and professional staff.
- Master’s candidate in counseling preferred.
- Responsibilities- The graduate assistant for the University Counseling Center and Health Education and Promotion provides education, guidance, and support for alcohol education programs at John Carroll University. The Graduate Assistant is responsible for the maintenance and administration of alcohol and drug education done in conjunction with the Counseling Center and the campus Health Educator. The student will work with professional staff in coordinating assessment efforts including motivational interviewing, data entry, and communication with clients served. In addition, the student will be responsible for a variety of clerical responsibilities in cooperation with support staff.
- Research and determine effective alcohol programming education models for students.
- Administer alcohol and drug education program to mandated students.
- Assist Health Educator in training for secondary staff to deliver alcohol awareness and prevention education (e.g., graduate assistant coaches, residence hall advisors, etc).
- Work with head coaches and student life directors to plan educational programs for athletic teams and other at-risk populations on campus.
- Assist Health Educator with the development of a campus-based peer education group.
- Enter and maintain data and provide assistance with clerical and support work in conjunction with the Counseling Center secretary/office manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dr. Mary Beth Javorik