Center for Career Services
THERE ARE NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2014-2015
- Hours and Wages – 20 hours per week in exchange for tuition and fees (excluding graduation fee) for up to 9 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters (a total of 18 credit hours) and a stipend paid twice per month (September-May).
- Qualifications – Full-time, matriculated, degree-seeking graduate student.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Willingness to learn new computer technology.
- Ability to plan programs and set prioritizes.
- Ability to maintain a professional workspace and office environment.
- Time management/ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask.
- Leadership experience.
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Team oriented.
- Sense of humor.
Supervise Career Assistants:
- Assist in interviewing, hiring and scheduling process.
- Create and manage Career Assistant schedules including weekly meetings and walk-hour coverage.
- Train and supervise Career Assistants in resume review, Career Connection, event planning activities, and marketing, etc.
- Coordinate programming with CA’s and organizations they serve.
Student Assistance and Appointments:
Review student resumes and cover letters in feedback appointments and activate Career Connection resumes and conduct Sophomore Check-ups.
- Introduce students to career center services and online Career Connection system.
- Contribute to Career Center website, newsletter, and other marketing materials.
CE – Career Education courses:
- Assist in development of new materials and outlines for the Career Education andnExploration Classes.
- Assist with class preparation, teaching (if desired), and grading papers
- Assist with walk-in appointments and troubleshoot problems encountered by students/alumni/employers and respond by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Plan and carry out events, with special attention given to the Annual Career Fair.
- Conduct outreach efforts to various student populations, clubs/groups/organizations on campus seeking programming related to the Career Center and make recommendations.
- Provide marketing support to all Career Center programs as needed.
Ms. Jyl McLaughlin