Athletics – Coach (Football, Women’s Soccer, Swimming, Cross Country/Track)
- Hours and Wages – 20 hours per week in exchange for tuition and fees (excluding graduation fee) for up to 9 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters (a total of 18 credit hours) and a stipend paid twice per month (September-May).
- Qualifications – Full-time, matriculated, degree-seeking graduate student. Must possess knowledge of and experience in coaching their respective collegiate sport. Playing experience at the collegiate level is highly desired. Must demonstrate ability to communicate in a positive manner with student athletes, coaches, and alumni.
Position Title: Athletic Assistant Coach
Reports to: Head Coaches and Athletic Director
Description:The Athletic Assistants will serve their respective teams in directing a successful NCAA III sport program.
- Assist in the direction of the athletic team.
- Assist in organization of all practice sessions.
- Responsible for coaching at least one position.
- Work in accordance with all staff members associated with John Carroll’s athletic department.
- Represent John Carroll Athletic Department in a positive manner.
- Recruit qualified student athletes to participate in the athletic program.
- Work with the admissions department in regards to scheduling appointments for prospectus students.
- Conduct recruiting calls and recruit mailings.
- Carry out recruiting assignments as established by head coach.
- Assist in preparations for suitable playing and practice sites.
- Assist head coach in annual fundraising projects.
- Assist head coach in monitoring student athletes’ grades and activities.
- Possess ability to communicate the Mission of the University and the Athletic Department Philosophy and Goals to student athletes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to University Mission and Athletic Department Goals and Learning Outcomes.
- Comply with all rules affiliated with John Carroll University and Division III of the NCAA.
Please contact the head coach of each respective sport directly.