A graduate degree from John Carroll University is both a professional and financial investment in your future. The Office of Graduate Studies in the College of Arts and Sciences is dedicated to helping our students finance their graduate education. The following resources are available to help you on your way to joining us.

Applying for Federal Aid and Loans
Students need to apply for admission and apply for financial aid. Both of these things can happen at the same time. You do not need to wait until you are admitted to a school to file for financial aid. The financial aid process requires only the one federal form, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Department of Education utilizes a federal formula to calculate an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) for a family.  The formula considers most heavily student income, assets, the number of family members in the household, and the number of family members in college.

In order to qualify for federal aid, a student must be accepted into a degree granting program, be enrolled at least half-time (three credit hours), and submit a FAFSA as soon as possible.

Summer Aid
Summer financial aid is available. Students enrolling for summer should complete the JCU Summer Aid Application along with that year’s FAFSA and the following year’s FAFSA.  The Office of Financial Aid will begin making summer awards in April.

Graduate Studies Scholarships
The Office of Graduate Studies offers a number of scholarships available to students enrolled in specific programs as well as licensed teachers, teachers in parochial or private schools, Diocese of Cleveland religious, and Jesuits.

Department Scholarships
There are a limited number of scholarships available through various academic departments to those who qualify.

Graduate and Athletic Assistantships
A limited number of graduate and athletic assistantships in both academic and non-academic departments provide a tuition waiver and stipend upon selection.

Other Sources of Funding
We have compiled a list of additional aid available to graduate students through other sources, including scholarships and grants.