Athletics – Recreation
THERE ARE NO POSITIONS AVAILABLE FOR 2017-2018
- Hours and Wages – 20 hours per week in exchange for tuition and fees (excluding graduation fee) for up to 9 credit hours in the fall and spring semesters (a total of 18 credit hours) and a stipend paid twice per month (September-May).
- Qualifications – Full-time, matriculated, degree-seeking graduate student. Must possess knowledge of and experience in the sports information field. Previous experience in a sports information office is desired. Must demonstrate ability to communicate in a positive manner with student athletes, coaches, and alumni.
Position Title: Athletic Assistant for Fitness and Recreation
Reports to: Director of Club Sports, Intramurals and Recreation
Description: The Assistant is responsible for providing assistance in the complete administration and supervision of the Recreation Center and Fitness Programs. Primary responsibilities would be supervision of the Corbo Fitness Center and fitness programs.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling, and evaluating student employees working in the Corbo Fitness Room.
- Responsible for daily inspections of the room to ensure that the room is clean and that all machines are functioning.
- Assist in the purchasing, inventory, maintenance and repairs of all fitness equipment during the academic year.
- Responsible for advising a student focus group to specifically look at student needs related to fitness programming and improvements to our Corbo fitness room.
- Develop a Corbo fitness center orientation program for new users of the room.
- Conduct monthly or semester fitness incentive programs and post current fitness information on the bulletin boards in the Corbo Fitness Center.
- Assist recreation director in researching fitness equipment and enhancements for the Corbo Fitness Room.
- Responsible for recruiting, training, scheduling, and evaluating all group fitness class instructors.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, and implementing a class to prepare students for certification in group instruction.
- Planning, organizing, and implementing a personal training program for students, faculty, and staff.
- Assist in the marketing of all fitness programming.
- Coordinates data entry and processing of new memberships and cancellations.
- Coordinates the issuance of photo ID cards to new members.
- Handling participant suggestions, inquiries, and complaints related to the Recreational Facilities and fitness programming.
- Responsible for monthly fitness participation reports.
- Assist with facility supervision and management.
- Possess ability to communicate the University Mission and Athletic Department/Recreation Department philosophy and goals to students.
- Create an environment which places emphasis on respect for others.
- Average 20 hours per week in assignments
- Complete other duties as assigned
Work study personnel and senior supervisors will report to this individual.
Ms. Courtney Farver