Students receiving financial aid funded by the State government or by the Federal government (Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan, and Federal PLUS Loan, and TEACH Grant, among others), as well as all John Carroll University funding, must conform to the University’s standards as outlined below.

These guidelines encourage students to successfully complete courses for which aid is received.

Graduate and Post-Bacc students must successfully complete a minimum of half (50%) of credit hours attempted each period of enrollment. Attempted hours are hours for which a charge was incurred, excluding audited hours.  Graduate students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 and successfully complete classes with grades of A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, or CR in order to receive course credit for the degree. Students seeking a teaching license, must receive a grade of C or higher in courses (undergraduate or graduate) they are taking for their teaching content areas.

For a complete explanation of the Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) for Financial Aid procedures, please click here.