Policy: Withdrawal from the University (from all courses for which a student is registered in a given semester) on a temporary or permanent basis involves a procedure as formal as that of registration and requires the submission of the University’s Withdrawal Form. Students are responsible for following the appropriate procedures.
1. Students who intend to completely withdraw from the University or from all of the courses in which they are enrolled in a given semester must first contact the Associate Dean for Graduate Studies (AD 125, 216-397-4284).
2. The Dean will complete the Withdrawal Form with the student and direct the student to the Enrollment Service Center.
3. An Enrollment Service Counselor will conduct an exit interview with the student and process the student withdrawal.
- When withdrawing from a course or the University, it is the students’ responsibility to notify the institution and to be aware of the posted deadlines for refunds and final withdrawal dates.
- Notice to the instructor or continued absence from class does not constitute a withdrawal, and the only result from such action will be the assignment of the grade “WF.” To safeguard the academic record, therefore, as well as to secure any refund, the student must carry out proper withdraw procedures personally in the Student Service Center.
- The following percentages of the charge for tuition will be refunded if obligations have been paid in full, or credited if there is a balance due. The schedule below is for the fall and spring semesters only; the refund schedule for the summer sessions is published annually in the Schedule of Summer Classes.
Within the first week of class: 100%
Within the second week of class: 67%
Within the third week of class: 33%
After the third week of class: 0%
The Withdrawal Form can be downloaded here.