A graduate student at John Carroll may transfer graduate credit earned concurrently as a transient or visiting student at another graduate school under the following conditions:
- Approval of the advisor, the chair of the department, and the appropriate dean is required prior to enrollment in the course or courses concerned.
- The maximum allowance will be the equivalence in semester hours of two comparable courses at John Carroll.
- A combination of Advanced Standing and Transfer of Credit may not exceed the equivalence in semester hours of two comparable courses at John Carroll.
- Courses used to complete requirements for other degrees will not be accepted for transfer.
- A letter grade of “B” or better (does not include B-) must be obtained in any course considered for transfer credit.
- Official transcripts must be submitted from the institution directly to our office for all credits considered for transfer.
- A transient petition form must be submitted for approval before a course is taken.