A graduate student at John Carroll University may transfer graduate credit earned concurrently as a transient or visiting student at another graduate school under the following conditions:
- Approval of the advisor, the chair of the department, and the appropriate dean is required prior to enrollment in the course or courses concerned.
- The maximum allowance will be the equivalence in semester hours of two comparable courses at John Carroll University.
- A combination of Advanced Standing and Transfer of Credit may not exceed the equivalence in semester hours of two comparable courses at John Carroll University.
- Students in the Boler School’s M.B.A. programs may transfer multiple credits from other Jesuit M.B.A. programs through the JEBNET consortium. (See page 47 for more information.)
- Courses used to complete requirements for other degrees will not be accepted for transfer.
- A letter grade of B or better (which does not include B-) must be obtained in any course considered for transfer credit.
- Official transcripts must be submitted for all credits considered for transfer.
A Transient Petition Form must be submitted for approval before a course is taken. Click on this link to access the Academic Petition Form which will ask if you wish to submit a Transient Petition Form.
- Graduate Studies Academic/Transient Petitions (Click on Enter Secure Area)