John Carroll University offers several possibilities for students who wish to study abroad in the summer. This is ideal for students in set academic tracks who cannot go for a full semester, or students who prefer to spend a shorter period of time abroad than a full semester or academic year.
- Bishop Pilla Program Summer Institute in Italy
- Northern Ireland Summer Institute
- Ghana Summer Institute
- Immersion Experience Program – Service-oriented trips, no academic credit
Several of our partner universities offer summer programs:
- International Student Exchange Program (ISEP): Numerous summer programs with affordable costs.
- Comillas Pontifical University, Madrid, Spain
- Technical University of Dortmund, Germany
- Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
- WHU: Otto Beisheim School of Management, Vallendar, Germany – European Summer Institute – Very affordable 2 week program in Germany for business students
- Beijing Center, China
- Sophia University, Japan:
- Nanzan University, Japan
- Loyola Chicago John Felice Rome Center, Italy
- John Cabot University, Rome, Italy
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad, Copenhagen, Denmark
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- University College Dublin, Ireland: Summer Internship Programme
- University of Hull International Management Summer School
- Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan, Italy: JCU students are eligible for a discounted tuition rate.
- Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Mexico: 4 week program “Latin America in an International Context”
- Zagreb School of Economics and Management, Croatia.
3rd-party providers offer many possibilities, in many countries across a range of prices. These programs are not formally affiliated with John Carroll University, but offer wonderful educational opportunities.
- StudyAbroad.com offers a search engine to help you find a summer program.
How to Apply:
You will need to follow the application procedures of the specific program you wish to participate in. You will also need to complete the application for John Carroll University’s Center for Global Education. The Office of Financial Aid can advise you whether your scholarships and loans can be applied to your summer program.