Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Comillas Pontifical University), in Madrid, Spain, is a private, Jesuit institution located in Madrid, Spain. Much information for students wishing to attend the university on an exchange program is available here. This program is suitable for majors in both the Boler School of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Business Copurse Descriptions 2014-2015
- Business Courses Offered by Department 2014-2015
- Business Courses Taught in English – Course Descriptions 2014-2015
Arts and sciences majors: Students can enroll in most courses offered at the university, in almost all subjects. Many courses are also taught in English.
- Humanities and Social Science courses offered 2014-2015
- Course Descriptions, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Courses Offered in English Fall 2014
- Courses Offered in English Spring 2015
- Intensive Spanish Course Summer 2015: Optional but strongly recommended.
- Diploma in International Relations from a Spanish Perspective
|Program Costs 2014-2015
Total Billed $18,300
Estimated costs (not billed by JCU)
TOTAL BUDGET: $24,520 – 28,084
Students are billed directly by John Carroll for tuition at the standard JCU rate, and the administrative fee. All other costs are the responsibility of the student directly.
All JCU financial aid can be applied to the tuition costs. It is necessary to consult with the Office of Financial Aid at John Carroll to learn how your financial aid will apply to this program.
Additional scholarships may be available from outside sources. Please see the Scholarships and Funding Page for additional information.
Comillas does not have on-campus housing, but the University’s Information and Student Reception Office can help students to make living arrangements.
The three most common options are:
- Living with a family (home-stay): Half board costs 780 € per month. Full board costs 930 €.
- Living in a private hall of residence. Students may request a list of private halls of residence from the Information and Student Reception Office. The majority include meals. Halls of Residence usually cost between 850-1110 euros per month.
- Living in a flat or apartment. Comillas has a list of flats and apartments for rent, which is updated on a daily basis, and is available from the Information and Student Reception Office.
Please keep in mind the following John Carroll University regulations:
- JCU requires you to take 30 ECTS at Comillas: (30 ECTS = 15 JCU hours)
- Grades you earn at Comillas will count toward your GPA.
The deadline for applications to study abroad for Fall Semester is March 1, and for Spring Semester is October 1.
For further information on Madrid and Spain please consult the following links: