Sogang University is a private, Jesuit university located in Seoul, South Korea. It is regarded as one of the finest universities in South Korea.
John Carroll University students are able to study at Sogang, to take coursework in Korean language and culture, as well as courses for their majors and core curriculum taught in English. Sogang University’s business school is accredited by the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.) Sogang University also offers special programs such as Service Learning, Seoul City Internship, and STEM Lab Internship for exchange students.
- Information for Exchange Students to Sogang University
- Sogang University Fact Sheet 2015-2016
- Course Catalog for Undergraduate Programs at Sogang University
- Courses Taught in English
- Korean Language Education Center
- Academic Calendar
- Internships, Lab Research, and Service Learning
Directly billed by John Carroll University:
- Tuition (2014-2015): $17,300
- Administrative Fee: $1,000
Total direct billed: $18,300
Estimated indirect costs (not billed by John Carroll University):
- Room and Board: $1600 w/ 2 meals
- Housing Deposit (refundable): $100
- Transportation: $1350
- Books: $200
- Health Insurance: $160
- Personal Expenses: $1250
- Total Indirect Costs: $4660
Total Estimated Program Costs: $22,960
Students are able to apply all John Carroll University financial aid (scholarships, grants, and loans) with the exception of work-study, to the cost of tuition, room and board on this program. For specific questions about how your financial aid package can be applied, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at JCU.
There are significant external scholarships available to make it easier to study abroad in South Korea.
- See the Scholarships and Funding page and look for scholarships for “Critical (Defense) Languages.”
- The Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) Program
- Freeman Awards for Study in Asia
The deadline for applications to study abroad for Fall Semester is March 1, and for Spring Semester is October 1.
Other useful links
- Wikipedia entry for Sogang University
- Wikipedia entry for Seoul
- Wikipedia Entry for South Korea
- CDC Centers for Disease Control
- U.S. Department of State
- CIA World Factbook for South Korea
- ISEP Country Handbook for South Korea
Korean Studies Summer Program at Sogang University