WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM
Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Comillas Pontifical University), in Madrid, Spain, is a private, Jesuit institution located in Madrid, Spain. This program is suitable for majors in both the Boler School of Business and the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Welcome to Madrid 2017-2018
- Comillas Fact Sheet 2017
- Academic Calendar 2017-2018
- Cost estimates for living in Madrid
- Business Course Descriptions 2014-2015
- SUBJECTS in English 2015-2016 Business School
- Spring 2016 Course Offerings – with Links to Course Descriptions
Arts and sciences majors: Students can enroll in most courses offered at the university, in almost all subjects. Many courses are also taught in English.
- SUBJECTS in English and Spanish 2017-18 Humanities, Intl. Relations, Education
- Course Descriptions, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Intensive Spanish Course Summer 2015: Optional but strongly recommended.
- Diploma in International Relations from a Spanish Perspective
Program Costs 2017-2018
- Tuition: 20,615
- Administrative Fee: 1,000
- Total Billed by JCU: $ 21,615
Estimated costs (not billed by JCU)
- Books & Supplies: 200
- Personal Expenses: 4,000
- Transportation: 1,700
- Residence Hall or Private Apartment: 2,500 – 4,000
- Board : 2,500
- Homestay with Meals: 3,120 – 6,064
- Visa & Residence Permit: 200
- Insurance: 225
- Total Indirect Costs: $ 11,325 – 12,825
Total Semester Budget: $ 32,940 – 34,440
Students are billed directly by John Carroll for tuition at the standard JCU rate, and the administrative fee. All other costs are the responsibility of the student directly.
All JCU financial aid can be applied to the tuition costs. It is necessary to consult with the Office of Financial Aid at John Carroll to learn how your financial aid will apply to this program.
Additional scholarships may be available from outside sources. Please see the Scholarships and Funding Page for additional information.
Comillas does not have on-campus housing, but the University’s Information and Student Reception Office can help students to make living arrangements.
The three most common options are:
- Living with a family (home-stay): Half board costs 780 € per month. Full board costs 930 €.
- Living in a private hall of residence. Students may request a list of private halls of residence from the Information and Student Reception Office. The majority include meals. Halls of Residence usually cost between 850-1110 euros per month.
- Living in a flat or apartment. Comillas has a list of flats and apartments for rent, which is updated on a daily basis, and is available from the Information and Student Reception Office.
Please keep in mind the following John Carroll University regulations:
- JCU requires you to take 25-30 ECTS at Comillas: (5 ECTS = 3.33 JCU credit hours – for Comillas ONLY, not for other schools using ECTS credits.)
- Grades you earn at Comillas will count toward your GPA.
The deadline for applications to study abroad for Fall Semester is March 1, and for Spring Semester is October 1.
For further information on Madrid and Spain please consult the following links: