What you should do
- Call John Carroll police dispatch at 216.397.1234.
a.) Tell the dispatcher your name.
b.) Tell the dispatcher the exact location of the flooding, including all areas affected.
c.) Tell the dispatcher the source of the flooding if known.
d.) Give the dispatcher a call back number in case more information is needed.
- Evacuate the area if you feel your safety is at risk, especially if the flooding is near electrical equipment.
- If you know the source of the water and are confident you can stop the flooding safely, do so. (i.e. turn off valve or unclog drain).
What will happen
- The dispatcher will notify John Carroll police and facilities to respond.
- Responding personnel will identify the source and stop the flooding as soon as possible.
- If a risk is identified because of the flooding, affected areas may be evacuated.
- Necessary repairs and clean up will be initiated.
- The all clear to return will be given by responding personnel.
Click here to download the pdf.