What you should do
- Report any crime in progress on campus to John Carroll police dispatch at 216.397.1234.
- Report any crime in progress off campus to local police, or call 9.1.1.
- In both cases, tell the dispatcher your name, your location, and a phone number where you can be reached.
- Give a description of what is taking place.
- Give a thorough description of any suspect(s); physical description, clothing, vehicle information, and direction of travel.
- Tell the dispatcher if there are injuries and the extent of those injuries.
- Stay on the phone with the dispatcher until he/she ends the conversation.
- Give the dispatcher a phone number where you can be reached in case more information is needed.
- If you have been a victim of a crime or witness to a crime, follow the same steps above.
- To report routine or non-emergency incidents, call John Carroll police dispatch at 216.397.4600.
What will happen
- On campus, John Carroll police and possibly University Heights police officers will respond to the incident, take appropriate immediate action to ensure safety, render any assistance needed, and gather report information.
- If this occurs off campus, police officers from the agency with jurisdiction will respond to the incident, take appropriate immediate action to ensure safety, render any assistance needed and gather report information.
- Other agencies or John Carroll personnel will be notified as necessary.
- Be prepared to give a statement, both verbally and in writing to police.
Click here to download the pdf.