East Asian Studies Minor: 24 credits
Students in any major may pursue the East Asian Studies minor in order to deepen their understanding of this important world region. Students in the minor choose either the Language Track, which emphasizes Chinese or Japanese language, or the Interdisciplinary Track, which provides a broader interdisciplinary approach to the study of East Asia, including one year of Chinese or Japanese language.
Requirements for the minor: The EAS minor consists of 24 credits, normally eight courses, distributed as follows:
1. Language Track:
- Six courses in Chinese or Japanese language.
- Two additional EAS-approved courses in two different disciplines.
2. Interdisciplinary Track:
- Two courses in Chinese or Japanese language, normally the introductory course sequence.
- One course that examines an aspect of East Asia as a region, normally but not always at the 100-200 level.
- Five additional EAS-approved courses in at least three different departments.