Increase in Nutrition Clinic Appointments
Karin Palmer RD, LD, CDE, Campus Nutritionist, has seen a 74.5% increase in her clinic appointments on campus since this time last year. Karin is now available almost weekly on campus for 30-minute, individual consultations with students. Karin is also holding monthly, evening programs in the Atrium of the D.J. Lombardo Student Center and inside the residence halls. Common topics are weight loss programs and eating concerns.
The Drs. William and Kim Cook Student Health Center website now features a nutrition blog written by Karin Palmer. The first post included answers to six commonly-asked student questions and links to useful resources.
The first six questions added to the blog are:
- Should I take a multi-vitamin?
- I hate getting up early, I really need my sleep, so I get up just in time for class?. Is breakfast really that important?
- What is fiber and why do I need it?
- Everyone is telling me to eat Greek yogurt because it’s better for you, what is Greek yogurt?
- My dad and other family members have high cholesterol. Is this genetic?
- I am so confused. What is the difference between a portion size and a serving size?