University Heights Police Department
University Heights Police Department (UHPD) serves the University Heights community, of which John Carroll is a part. UHPD enforces all state laws and city ordinances for the safety of everybody in the community. UHPD monitors and responds to 911 calls. UHPD is located at 2304 Warrensville Center Road, and non-emergency calls or calls for information may be directed to the department at (216) 932-1800.
UHPD requests that students be cognizant of the fact that tampering with or removing City street name signs and/or traffic control signs (Stop, Yield, etc.) is a criminal offense. Violators will be prosecuted.
Further, the following ordinances regarding driving and parking are listed for your information. These ordinances, enforced by UHPD, are the most frequently violated. All ordinances can be found here: University Heights Ordinances
University Heights Ordinance 432.7 Prohibits use of electronic wireless devices while driving, with a $100.00 fine or more for additional offenses. Similar ordinances are in effect in Shaker Heights, Beachwood, South Euclid and many other surrounding communities.
- Overnight Parking on City Streets. Generally no parking is allowed on city streets between 2:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. To request an exception to this, fill out this online form https://www.frontlinepss.com/uhpd .
- Emergency Snow Ban. No parking on city streets when snow exceeds two (2) inches. Call (216) 932-5900 to verify whether or not a snow ban has been declared. Be aware that the city tows away vehicles for snow ban violations so streets can be plowed.
- Prohibited and/or limited parking zones. No parking where prohibited or in excess of hours permitted where limited time zone signs are posted.
- Left wheels to curb prohibited. It is illegal to park adjacent to the curb facing the opposite way of traffic.
- Fire Lanes. Parking is prohibited in zones where a fire lane is posted.