Cleaning and Maintenance Policy
Cleaning of the public areas in the academic and administrative buildings on campus is performed Sunday through Thursday nights on 3rd shift. The public spaces in the Student Center and Recreation Complex are primarily cleaned between 2nd and 3rd shift while the private areas (offices, classrooms, private meeting spaces, etc.) are cleaned Sunday through Thursday nights on 3rd shift. Cleaning in the public areas in each of the residence halls is done on a daily basis, including weekends. A schedule for daily trash removal and cleaning of the restrooms will be posted on each restroom door. Students with a concern about cleanliness or maintenance of any area are asked to submit a work request with specific details so the issue can be resolved in a timely manner.
When the housekeeping or the maintenance staff are in a restroom to clean or make repairs, the entrance(s) will be closed and blocked or roped off. It is mandatory that students use another restroom during that time. The university reserves the right to take disciplinary action against any student that violates this policy.
Residence Hall Maintenance Work:
- Maintenance work in residence hall common areas will normally occur between the hours of 8:00 a. m. and 6:30 p.m. during the academic year. Work in common areas may begin as early as 6:00 a.m. during the summer months.
- Maintenance work in residence hall student rooms will normally occur between the hours of 10:00 a.m and 6:30 p.m.
- The Facilities Department will not schedule specific times for maintenance work in residence hall student rooms. All maintenance requests for residence hall student rooms will be performed between the hours of 10:00 a.m and 6:30 p.m as time and priorities allow.
- Maintenance staff will leave an orange card stating who entered the room, what date and time they were there to complete the requested work, and list the repair that was actually completed or indicate the need to return.
- True Emergency Work Requests will be addressed ASAP, regardless of the time of day. The RA, HOH on call, and/or JCUPD should be notified for all Emergency Requests.