The John Carroll University Police Department is truly concerned with your well-being and personal safety. Here are a few suggestions to protect yourself. Also visit the Crime Prevention and Courtesy Services pages for more ways that JCUPD can be of service.
Should you have any non-emergency safety concerns or questions, please email the JCUPD. Otherwise, please phone our 24-hour emergency dispatch at 216.397.1234.
Residence Hall Safety
For many students, college is the first time they’ve lived away from home. Frequently, students will bring radios, personal computers, and other valuable items, which could be targets for crime. Most residence hall thefts occur when a victim’s room is found unlocked and unoccupied. Here are a few suggestions to minimize your chances of becoming a crime victim:
- Do not prop open any residence hall exterior door. Propping doors could enable an intruder to access the building and compromise the safety of all residents.
- Lock the door to your room when you leave and be sure to take your keys.
- Keep your door locked while you or your roommate are sleeping.
- Refrain from posting notes on your door informing others that no one is in the room.
- Don’t open your door unless you know who is on the other side.
- Make a list of all your valuables at school.
- Do not attach your keys to your University I.D.
- Report any suspicious individuals or activities to the JCUPD at 216.397.1234.
Please help make John Carroll University a safe “home away from home.”