The John Carroll Department of Counseling has launched two Substance Use Disorders Counseling programs. You will be prepared for license eligibility as either a Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor (LCDC) or a Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor (LICDC), depending on prior academic work.

Two programs of study are available: a certificate program and a master’s program concentration. The five-course certificate program is available to current undergraduate students, or any student with an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree. Current master’s students at John Carroll University are eligible for the concentration.