Cutting to the Common Core: Statistics and Probability for High School
Are you looking for help in understanding and implementing the Common Core Standards’ Statistics and Probability for high school? The Center for Mathematics and Science Education, Teaching and Technology is offering two summer workshops on statistics and probability for grades 6-8 and 9-12.
The workshop topics will cover these high school topics:
- Interpreting Categorical and Quantitative Data;
- Focusing on graphing univariate distributions, measuring center and spread of data distributions, identifying outliers, Normal distribution; bivariate distributions – two-way tables for categorical data, fitting function to numerical data with emphasis on linear, quadratic, and exponential models, correlation and causation;
- Making Inferences and Justifying Conclusions;
- Using simulation to determine the suitability of a specified model, randomization tests for medians, means, and proportions, making inferences and justifying conclusions from sample surveys, observational studies, and experiments;
- Conditional Probability and Rules of Probability (non-Stem topics).
Receive a copy of Making Sense of Statistical Studies, a publication of 15 classroom-ready activities on surveys, observational studies, and experiment including lots of resources and classroom-ready activities.
Location: All summer sessions run from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm and are held on the campus of John Carroll University.
Cost: The cost for the 3 day workshop and all materials is $150 per person. Lunch Included. Early registration is encouraged.
Non-degree graduate credit (optional): 1 credit hour @ $160 per hour. More information on graduate credit will be offered on the first day of the course.
Note: The Center for Mathematics and Science Education, Teaching and Technology at John Carroll reserves the right to cancel workshops that do not have a minimum number of registrants. In the case of cancellation, you will be notified and a given full refund.
If you prefer to use a Check or Purchase Order, click here for printable registration form: