Young people are a major subset of the electorate and their voices matter!!
Here are some facts to think about:
1. 46 million young people ages 18-29 years old are eligible to vote, while 39 million seniors are eligible to vote.
2. Young people (18-29) make up 21% of the voting eligible population in the U.S.
3. At least 80 electoral votes depend on youth.
4. In Ohio, without the young vote Ohio would have been a Red state
5. Did you know that the difference between winning and losing a seat on University Heights City Council can be as little as 15 votes? In 2011, the 5th top vote getter for at large council seats lost by 22 votes. (what occurred in 2009)?
You are important! Make sure you register to vote today!!