Since 1984, John Carroll University’s Chicago Alumni Chapter has awarded a renewable scholarship to one area student who exhibits the most potential to become a student leader at John Carroll University. We are looking for students who have demonstrated leadership throughout high school.
The Chicago Alumni Chapter Scholarship is a $5,000 per year award – this scholarship is awarded in addition to your JCU merit scholarship, as well as the University’s mission based scholarships (Arrupe & Leadership Scholars). The Chicago Alumni Chapter Scholarship is renewable for four years of undergraduate study, as long as the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
This scholarship is funded in large part due to the generosity and fund raising of the JCU Chicago Alumni Chapter and many dedicated alumni in Chicago in partnership with financial assistance from the overall financial aid budget at John Carroll University. The University administers the scholarship through an endowed fund.
- Students must submit a complete admission application to John Carroll University by December 1, 2016.
- Students will write and submit an essay of 500-1000 words on the topic of leadership. Describe your leadership qualities and philosophy and how you envision developing them further at John Carroll University. Students are also asked to submit a detailed resume of their extracurricular activities throughout high school.
- A group of applications will be identified and selected for an in-person interview with the Scholarship Committee. Candidates will receive further information prior to the interview.
Current Chicago Alumni Chapter Scholarship Winners
- Maddie Head ’17 – Loyola Academy
- Jack Dolan ’18 – Nazareth Academy
- John Tucci ’19 – Saint Ignatius College Prep
An invitation to apply for the scholarship will be included in the acceptance packets sent to admitted students.
Note: John Carroll University’s Office of Admission provides the names of qualified candidates, but is not involved in the selection process.