Students can choose from three Bachelor of Science degree programs in the Department of Chemistry:
- Biochemistry Major in Chemistry, for students preparing for further study and/or employment in medicine, dentistry, or any of the other life sciences.
- Comprehensive Major in Chemistry, for students who intend to become professional chemists.
- General Major in Chemistry, for students pursuing training in chemistry as a background for a career in other fields, such as business, education, information science, journalism, or law.
In all of our major programs, you’ll find:
- Faculty who care about good teaching and enjoy working with students one-on-one.
- High-tech instruments that are used by students in classes.
- Research opportunities.
- Paid internships (summer on-campus research, local industry, Cleveland Clinic).
- Rigorous, high-quality training that makes our graduates stand out when they apply for careers in industry, graduate programs, medical schools, or other career fields.